Friday, June 20

Marathon Training Week I

So I started training for marathon number 4 this week. (I will tell you about the marathon I signed up for in the next post). I am actually going to try my very best to stick with the training plan this time. I always modified it i.e. I didn't run the mileage I was suppose to during the week.

Not this time, no sir. I want to go out and end strong.

My new job doesn't start until 8:30 and its pretty close whereas my last job started at 8 and really far away so I am still waking up on my old schedule (5:30) and have around 2 hours to play around before leaving for work.

Its been really nice.





I have been getting all of my running done in the morning and get this, I even cross trained one morning. BIG STEPS people.

Tomorrow, I will be running the Peachtree Road Race Course run with my Atlantic Station team. I'm pretty excited. Its a nice 6 mile incline and the Bird and I plan on running it back. (Around mile 9 we are stopping for breakfast and my most favorite restaurant R.Thomas) Gotta carb load, right?

If I am still feeling strong I plan on running 5 miles with my friends around Stone Mountain Sunday. What went from a definitely went to a maybe once I decided to run 12 on Saturday. I will just have to see how my body feels. I don't want to get to excited about training and burn out the first week!

Anyway, running wise its been a good week and I'm ready to take on marathon number 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment