Monday, March 17

Botanical Boogie 5k plus 5

You wouldn't believe it. My last long group run on Saturday I missed. Not because I was late or pitched a fit but because I showed up at the wrong location. Nothing like waking up at 6 and showing up and NONE of your buddies are there. I tried not to let it get to me. I was in the city and damn it I was going kinda enjoy it. Hence, starbucks. A great fuel if you don't plan on running in the next hour...

 
 
I needed to get that last 8 miles in (call my crazy but I think its bad luck to miss the final run before a big race!). On my drive home I called the Bird. I was going to just run around the hood and get my 8 miles when she generously gave me a bib to a local 5k. Um, yeah Ill take it. I ended up doing an easy 5 miles, ate lunch then made my way to Clinton for the 5k. At first I wanted to run as fast as I could but soon as I started running I could tell my legs were a little fatigued. After a mile I turned to the ol' Galloway method. (Its what I'm doing for the marathon).
 
People i.e. this bird kept cheering and motioning for me to jog when he saw me. But it just so happened I was on a walk the two times I passed him. I might have politely of course yelled Galloway method, dude!
 
 
My time wasn't anything great BUT I finished with a 33:11 pace which means...I kept a pretty even and near my target pace for the marathon. I felt pretty good about that.
 
Lots of people from my running club showed, most snatching up a medal.
 
 
 
And I felt pretty good post race. Which is just what you need when your preparing for a "big run" the next week.
 
 
 
 

2 comments: