Wednesday, August 7

What I Ate Wednesday

Wow, I kinda feel like I'm back in middle school again telling my bestfriend EVERYTHING I ate that day.
Don't lie you did it too.
 
Well, I just found out about this link up so I didn't have time to take any lovely pictures. But do I have pictures of my morning breakfast smoothie and my go to post work out drink
 (I do my workouts in the morning so this smoothie serves two purposes)
 
Here it is:
chia seeds
fresh kale
banana
chocolate whey protein
water, ice or soy milk
 
 
Why this mixture?
 
I love chia seeds because they are flavorless and you can add them to about anything plus they are a "superfood". They supply omega-3s, contain almost 18 percent of the daily recommended intake of calcium and around 38 percent of the daily recommended intake of phosphorus. Not to bad right? (source)
 
Kale- Each 1/2 cup of cooked kale contains 180 percent of your recommended daily value of vitamin A and 45 percent of vitamin C.
Banana- no need for an explanation I consider them natures muscle relaxer.
 
Whey protein- I found this particular product by reading the Hungry Runner Girl's blog. I liked it as it contains 25 grams of protein, and is only 130 calories. I like getting an extra boost of protein after a good workout to help with muscle repair.
 
Ok so its simple toss all of this into the blender and let er rip
 
1 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 handful of fresh kale
1 banana
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
I typically add two or three ice cubes and maybe 1/3 cup of water to the mix
If you want to get fancy try almond or soy milk
 
 
 Now, I like kale but I know a lot of people, ahmm like my husband think it tastes to "earthy" if that's the case add 3 or 4 strawberries to your mix, it will sweeten the drink. It will also make the drink less green just in case you have a problem drinking something...green.
Finished product a nice super yummy, super food, protein smoothie.
 
After looking through pinterest so much I feel like I should have poured my smoothie into a mason jar and put a colorful paper straw in it.
But I guess the beer mug and the straw from the dollar store will just have to do.
Beer. Smoothies.
Yum.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment