Tuesday, August 12

Things I have been up to while laying off running

Taking a full month off from running really took a toll on me. I thought a week was bad but it totally jacked up my daily routine. But ya gotta keep moving on. Since I had lots of spare time and energy I tried out some new things around Atlanta.

The first was from a groupon deal for Dip'n Dab. I have always wanted to do a BYOB and painting. And to be honest I just don't know how to paint so I was excited that there would be someone there to instruct me.

Of course I came prepared.


I tried to keep it classy since I was the only one with beer so I used the cups for the wine.

Everything was set up for you when you got there. All you had to do was squirt some paint on your pallet and throw on an apron and you were ready to get your Picasso on.

It was a full house, with hip, clean vibe going on. They had, I want to say house music playing in the back. I don't exactly remember but I do remember liking it and there weren't any words. It was perfect music to get your drink on and paint!


There was an instructor at the front of the class that would draw distinct, step by step lines for you to follow, she also painted her own portrait. I do think we picked a more challenging painting but I still loved it and I think the experience was worth well it.

It was cool to get up and walk around in the end. Everyone's paintings were so different.


And everyone had a great time from birthdays, to bachelorette parties to injured runners :)


Overall, my abstract painting turned out pretty well. I am a BIG fan of Picasso's one line drawings and although mine if far from a Picasso I still heart it.

Here is a picture of the inspiration...


And here is mine... it could have been better but the beer buzz might have kicked in a few times.


So have you ever bought a groupon? This is one of several I have gotten and they seem to always be a steal. I particularly loved this one because it got me outta the house and trying something new and different that didn't involve running 20 miles ;)

2 comments:

  1. I have totally done one of these thanks to a Groupon also! Not having taken an art class since 5th grade, I realize now that I'm a very timid painter who hates to screw up! I really like yours!

    ReplyDelete