Monday, June 9

Vaccation and Fitness

Fitness has become such a major part of my life. I just need it especially when coping with anxiety. It doesn't matter where I am I have to shake it out and get rid of all that baggage no matter where I am, even in paradise.

The Champ and I went to Jamaica last month and even though there was plenty of doggy paddling and kicking my raft against the current, I still needed a good run. Before we even went on the trip I told The Champ I was going to run. And I did.

Commitment, man.

I find working out early in the morning the best especially on vacation. I mean, who wants to work out after a relaxing day or one of a tiresome adventure?

Sorry, not me.

Beach running is one of my favorites. I run barefoot (the only time you will see this). I run right along side the water so that when the tide comes in it tickles my toes. I don't take music or a watch. I listen to the waves. Distance isn't something I think about, I run until I want to turn around. After all it is vacation.

I did this several times on the trip and it was lovely. If you run in Jamaica the earlier you run the better for several reasons. One, once you are off the resort property you WILL be running from peddlers- they are straight cray. The second is its still cool. Third, there inst much going on in the morning so you will have the beach all to yourself. You can take in everything and not have to worry about running into people or get jealous of those lounging around drinking their pina coladas. And lastly, I think its one time selfies are completely acceptable. Who doesn't want to capture their adventure?





















Besides running the Champ and I always do one outdoorsy, adventurous things. Whether its swimming in an underwater cavern or paddling through the Caribbean. Even though he hates fitness we seem to always add a little physical activity into our adventures and Mr. Anti-Fitness always loves it.


Rio de Secreto, Mexico

Negril, Jamaica
































There are always way to work the system and make working out fun especially for someone that isn't a fitness fanatic!

So tell me, do you get the heart pumping on vacation or is it just me?



4 comments:

  1. Ugh, my only long run in Jamaica was on a resort treadmill -- about 14 miles. Miserable. It was a rainy day, I had a wedding in the afternoon, and my date's parents were freaking out about the idea of me running on streets outside the resort. So it all conspired to mean treadmill.
    I had trouble running on vacation in Turkey and I felt like I was modestly dressed, but it made me somewhat uncomfortable.
    But otherwise, I love running outside in a new country and exploring that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love exploring on my feet and doing anything active that's new to me or local. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. half marathon training starts back up next week for me...so my sneakers will be coming on vacation, so will V's ;) hopefully he will come out with me for at least one short run

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love running in new places! Cant wait for the next trip!

    ReplyDelete