Friday, October 18

Run10Feed10

The Running Teacher aka Isabel runs with a lot of the same people I do. So it is no surprise we crossed paths after a year of stalking following her on the daily mile. She is a really active blogger and recently held an event called Run10Feed10.

What is Run10Feed10 well basically, your $28 registration goes directly to providing TEN meals to hungry children in need in your own local area.

I love a good cause, and a good run so of course I signed up.

She did a great job setting it up.

We met at Big Peach Running Co. in Kennesaw (my favorite running store). It was a nice 10k course. We were on the roads a little then hopped on to the trails of Kennesaw Mountain (its a favorite of many runners but somewhere I haven't been). It was pretty cool course. Not bad on the eyes at all.

Run10Feed10
























Even though it was a small, low key event it was treated like a normal race (better if you will). At the half way mark they had Hammer Gels, tons of sandwiches, gummy bears and whatever else your little running heart could desire. There were also volunteers telling you where to go so people like me didn't wonder off.



















I treated the run very casually. There were some that ran fast but I maintained a slow pace and eventually after 3 miles was one of the last in the group. Anyone and everyone in the back I struck up a conversation with. You have no idea how much I love to talk to other runners. There was one chick who ran ultras, two others that where cross fitters and just started running, another training to run an ultra. I loved it.

I especially loved talking to the cross fitters and the ultra. We Georgia runners tend to veer paleo and apparently I am not the only one who has a jar of coconut oil in her cupboard for cooking and some on her night stand for lotion.

Once we finished there was a chiropractor there stretching everyone out, cupcakes, nanners, drinks, juice just tons of food. Everyone mixed and mingled and then they had a fab raffle. When I say fab I mean it. The Running Teacher has some bad ass sponsor's as did this run. Two Brooks gift cards where raffled off, as well as for pro compression and Road Id. I scored a comp race entry to the Georgia Marathon. Hello! One week after the Asheville Marathon. Can you say Marathon Maniac?

No complaints there!

As of 2 Saturdays ago over 250 meals will be provided to our local community.

End of story its pretty cool what a bunch of people can do when they come together.

Have you ever ran for a cause?
What is the smallest event you ran at?

2 comments: