Sunday, September 15

How to Strip Rosemary

I started growing rosemary early this summer and its gotten out of control.
 Its huge. Its awesome.
The problem is I had not idea how to use it in cooking.
 It was just a big bush in my yard.
So I did my research and now know how to strip rosemary.
(You will want to know how to do this because I'm going to share recipe this week calls for fresh rosemary)
So here are three easy steps to prep fresh rosemary for baking.
 
Find a branch that will easily snap off.
Now simply pinch the top of the stem and with your other hand and run your fingers against the direction of growth.
 
Next place your freshly cut leaves in to a pile and rock your knife over them and...
wahla.
 
Fresh Rosemary.
 
How to Strip Rosemary|www.theredheadedrunner.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment