Sunday, October 29

A week in workouts so far

Oh, hey there. Its been awhile and so much has changed since I last wrote. Really, i'm a completely new person since our last chat. But despite the things that changed me one thing for sure is my passion for running is still there.

Several months ago I met a girl named Jess and we started jogging. Although the first few months there was much less jogging and more walking. (we started doing the couch to 5k but it wasn't an exactly good fit for us). So made some tweaks that are helping take us to a new level.

When we started we running I was really focused on discipline. I didn't exactly feel good during the runs because I was so out of shape. Fast forward about 3 months and here we are. We are hitting around 3 miles and I am feeling like a million bucks. I am feeling like my old self, that girl I thought was gone forever...

Anyway, this week I ran 3 times. The first run was 3.4 and I'm not sure of the actual pace but I was consistent with the 2:1 intervals, the next run was 3.7 miles again i don't recall the time but I was consistent with the intervals.

Now that second run was tough. Its basically the perfect course for hill repeat training. It was hard and I lost my breath a few times, my legs burned and it was not an easy run by any means but it was damn rewarding because we completed our intervals despite feeling like death. Afterwards I felt like  a million bucks.

Now today's run we focused on speed work. Im not exactly doing speed work to get faster but more for discipline again, to strengthen that drive to push when you don't want to and to build up endurance. Of course getting faster is a plus. On average I was 20 seconds faster then the goal time which felt great. I know I could have pushed it more but I dont want to get injured just because I was excited.

Next we wanted to see what our base time for a mile is. Dude, I killed it. Not running on hills or pushing a stroller made it so much easier. I ended up running a 10:30!!! Now Im not sure I could maintain that distance for a few more miles but its great to know I can do that and start working from there.


The past few weeks have been good for my soul. Each run is exciting again and I cant wait for the next after I just finished running.

Who knows where it will go or end but right now, I'm having a damn good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment