Tuesday, August 6

Foodie Pen Pals. Yes, Please!

Foodie-Pen Pals. When I was a crafter I saw this type of thing all the time but it only happened around Christmas (it takes time to make shit I guess) and I always missed out. Well, I came across the Lean Green Bean and they do foodie pen-pals on a monthly basis. And guess who just signed up? This hungry redhead right here. As a child I always dreamed of having a pen pal then we got older and we had AIM and the dreaminess of a pen pal faded. But alas, it has returned with food!
 
 
 
So here's the deal:
 
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your pen pal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your pen pal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your pen pal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
Then there is a big reveal day where you link up your goodies. Check out May's HERE
 
I am already thinking what I want to send to my pen pal definitely something southern! Maybe teacakes from our local bakery. Ahhh, the possibilities are endless and I hope I get someone that's eclectic in the kitchen and sends me something really unique. Well, I have to wait a month till I find out who my pen pal is but I'm pretty stoked. 
 
Do you have a pen pal?
 
Have you ever done anything like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment