Saturday, August 31

Country Music Marathon Part II

By the time we stepped outside it was pouring. I had planned on it being hot and sunny like it had been for years previous. I was dressed fine for running a marathon but for just standing around in the rain not so much. Luckily, I brought a throw away coat and put on the garbage bag. Since I was going to run with the 5 hour team we were a ways back and Michael and I huddled up with hundreds of other runners under a gas station to stay out of the rain.
Country Music Marathon
 
One of the most powerful moments was when we had the moment of silence to respect Boston (which happened the week before)
 
 
As I mentioned here, my heart ached for the runners, the families and  friends.
 Its hard to describe the sadness I experienced.
Although everyone grieved this tragic event as a runner it just really struck home.

Not long after the race started.
It was so cool to see the corrals move.
 I believe it took about 30 minutes for me to get from my corral to the start line.
 I was so excited.
Michael was on the sideline and kept waving at me and giving me a thumbs up.
It was so cheesy but was so right for the moment.
Michael went a little paparazzo on me and took this photo.
Even though this picture is blurry you can see the huge smile I had on my face.
I love it because I was a truly unexplainably happy.
 
Country Music Marathon

Michael stayed with my corral the entire time.
As I crossed the start line  I  heard a GO SNUGGLES!
Yes, we have corny pet names but it was just what I needed.
A giggle.
 A reminder to have fun and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment